Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader

Tonight on Fox was the premiere of "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?". You know I couldn't resist it, not to prove that I am smarter than the 5th graders but to laugh at all the stupid adults. Unfortunately it didn't work out so well for me.

It also didn't work out so well for the show, which will never be a success because the pace was so slow they only asked 6 questions in the entire half hour show! Stupid. Anyway, here are the questions (and my score).


  1. In what month is Columbus day? Wrong.
  2. T or F: Polar bears typically feed on penguins Correct.
  3. If a triangle has an area of 16 inches, and a base of 8 inches, how long is its height? Wrong (yes, I was a math major).
  4. Who was the first US president to be impeached? Correct.

  5. Name the ship the pilgrims sailed from Plymouth, England, to the Plymouth colony in America in 1620. Wrong (no excuse).
  6. What does REM stand for? Correct.


My total: 3/6. Definitely NOT smarter than a 5th grader.

1 comment:

Rabbert said...

Those are kind of tough (mostly). I can see where they teach you that in 5th grade but I wouldn't expect that you'd remember.

Although, if you got 3 out of 7 when there's 6 questions, maybe the 5th graders do have you beat :)