Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Three Girls And Their Buddy


I said in "new year, new experiences" that I'd missed out on my chance to see Patty Griffin in Chapel Hill. Fortunately it turns out I didn't! One site said sold out, but another said there were seats available. I ended up sitting way in the back of the theatre, but fortunately it was a small theatre.

The name of the show was Three Girls And Their Buddy. It was Emmylou Harris (famous country/folk/bluegrass singer), Patty Griffin, Shawn Colvin (mostly known for her pop hit "Sonny Came Home"), and Buddy Miller. The group was awesome, and they took turns singing songs and harmonizing with each other, while Buddy played guitar for all (and sang his own songs too).

My favorite was Patty, followed by Emmylou mostly because of her legend. Buddy Miller played very unique selections and was good. Shawn Colvin is very talented but she's just not my kinda thrill.

I didn't get any good pictures, just some shaky and dark video, but the picture above was taken at Patty's show in Raleigh at the NC Museum or Art back in 2006.

No comments: