Monday, July 21, 2008

Awesome weekend

I wanted to share this past weekend, it was so much fun. It started Thursday night - Lauren and I sat on a blanket in the grass at Koka Booth Amphitheater with some sandwiches and a bottle of wine, watching "Twilight Zone: The Movie". Turns out the movie was not so hot, but it was still a great time. We definitely had a great Thursday night. :)

Friday night a group of us went to see Dave Attell at Charlie Goodnight's. I'm pretty sure that this was the best show I've seen at Goodnight's, and I've been to a lot of them. To sum it up, every single time I took a sip of my drink I was concerned about whether or not I'd be able to swallow it before he made me laugh again! If you get a chance to see this guy live, I'd definitely recommend it.

Saturday morning I woke up bright and early. I did not want to leave the comfy bed I was in, but bbq demanded it. I smoked 4 pork shoulders and also made 4 racks of babyback ribs, baked beans, and slaw. Lauren brought fruit and jalapeno cornbread, Blake brought macaroons, James brought cupcakes, and everybody else brought a boatload of beer. Despite the fact that weather forecasters in NC are hopeless in the summertime, I was worried about the threat of rain all day. Checkout this picture of my ghettofied back patio, protecting the smoker and grills from rain. Turns out the last 30 minutes or so had pouring rain, and probably wouldn't have effected the cooking anyway!

Sunday, after spending the morning cleaning up after my shockingly well behaved friends, it was time for a little adventure. Mountain biking on some insane trails on the backside of Lake Crabtree park, followed by Kayaking with Tom. I thought it would be a little tougher than it was, but it could still be a good upper body workout if I wanted it to be. We had so much fun that both of us have threatened to buy our own kayaks. I'll have to make more room in the garage!

I haven't seen "Dark Knight" yet, but I can't wait to. Apparently it is playing at the IMAX, so I'm hoping to catch it there!

No comments: