Friday, February 29, 2008

Stupid Tech Support Customers

Once upon a time, I was trying to help a customer, but he was a dumbass. :) Ok, actually it wasn't just once. Unfortunately it seems to be a recurring nightmare. What follows is the first in what will be a series of stupid tech support customer stories.

disclaimer: If you do not think this customer is stupid, you yourself may actually be stupid.

disclaimer disclaimer: The above disclaimer may only apply to you if you are a computer programmer, or otherwise skilled in the ways of the 1's and 0's.

----

Customer: "I am trying to run your demo software, but I keep getting an error." [error snipped for reader's sanity]

Me: "To fix this, go to the Tools menu and select 'Configure Libraries'. Then choose [snipped] and click 'OK'."

Customer: "I took all your advice but it still does not work."

Me: "Can you send me a screenshot of your 'Configure Libraries' dialog? You can take a screenshot using the 'Print Screen' button, and then paste into MS Paint."

Customer: "Here are some screenshots:"

[Customer gets out digital camera, takes pictures of computer monitor, sends digital pictures to me in an email]:

DCP_1326

2 comments:

the larsons said...

OK Lance, I would've probably done this very thing. Sorry I'm not one of the techie geeks that you and my husband are.

the larsons said...

Lance, she really probably HAS done that. But I love her!

If I can't come to your BBQ, can I send a really hot girl in my place? You dating anyone?