Sunday, June 14, 2009

Update on Me

Ok, I heard it from the Larsons 18 times (or twice) that I haven't been blogging here. I have been blogging a TON on my "other" blog, where I put all my geeky shtuff.

Anyway, what have I been up to? Having as much fun as possible. Sitting pool side, cooking out, playing Ultimate, running, spending as much time as possible with Lauren, house shopping, and preparing my own house to be put on the market.

I helped Lauren's dad and brother replace her water damaged carpet (her neighbor had a leak) with new pergo laminate flooring. Since I learned how to do that I decided to replace my own as well, since my older engineered hardwood floors had some scratches and minor damage. I'm about 80% done at this point, hoping to finish tonight and move onto putting down the new quarter-round molding. Next before I put my house on the market is repainting a few rooms and replacing my patio door, which took some water damage caused by my own neglect (gutters were leaking and splashing up onto the door).

I've been looking in the Mebane area for a new house, since that is located half way between Durham (where I work) and Greensboro (where Lauren works - she just took a new job there, since she has finished her PNP at Duke). The distance from Mebane to my office is about the same or shorter than the distance from Apex to my office, so thats cool. Plus I'm closer to Charlotte.

Work is fine. Anna is great. Lauren is great. I am great.

1 comment:

the larsons said...

Oh yeah, Lance in effect! Blog more often. Though don't expect us to.