Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mission Accomplished: 7 miles


Tuesday after my 50 minute run I decided the next things I wanted to do were to finish the whole southern Durham portion of the ATT, and complete my first 7 mile run. After that run I felt so energized, I told one of my friends that I felt like I could run five more. Well, now I know I was wrong, I could not have run five more. How do I know?

Today I can proudly say: mission accomplished! I ran the trail from its start at Massey Rd down to its interruption at the Northeast Creek trestle (This picture from Wikipedia shows it. Much like me, its old, rotten, and weak, but still beautiful), and back. 6 miles. Then I did a little loop just to make it 7. I could not have made it 8, I don't think. My back hurts (maybe I need to correct my running posture!), and I can definitely feel it in my legs!

No comments: