Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Fire!

With the security system installed at the house and we have iPhone apps that it's connected to so one day at work I get an alert on my phone saying that the smoke detector is going off and Lauren is cooking or something and grab some smoke in the alarm went off so I just was going north but shortly after that I get a phone call from the security company it was I did not see went to voicemail when I Saulet listen to the voicemail and they told me that the alarm is going off and that no one was responding to the alarm so I made really called Lauren she didn't answer texted her and told her that the alarm company was calling the fire department at this point I assumed that it was no big deal will I get a call back from Lauren that she tells me that the fire department is there and everything is fine that the laptop caught on fire.

she told me that there was no need for me to come home and everything was under control she was fine the fire was out no problem obviously went home immediately anyway when I got there the fire department was already gone and Lauren was outside covered and set and red-faced.

The story is that she was downstairs and she was actually cooking but when the fire alarm went off she thought it might've been from whatever she was cooking but it wouldn't go off so she went upstairs walked right past the bedroom back through the back of the house didn't see anything walked back and then she found all the smoke in the bedroom so the laptop had been sitting on the bed plugged in and the charger the powerpack actually is what caught on fire.

She went into the bathroom several times and filled up the big glass jar full of water and put the fire out herself for the fire department actually got here when they did get here all they had to do was ask her to come outside to get out of the smoke to which she argued for a second and then they hooked up a fan to the window to suck all the smoke at the house which did a great job when I got home I couldn't smell any smoke.  But there was lots of smoke residue still on the walls and ceiling we ended up wiping down the walls multiple times and wiping down the ceiling multiple times in multiple rooms especially the bedroom and the bathroom but also in a path from their downstairs and out the window where they have the exhaust fan hooked up bright side everything is fine the only real damage done was the mattress it's still sitting in the garage right now waiting on me to take it to the dump though we order new one just like it.

No comments: