Saturday, October 14, 2006

King/Queen Volleyball

Today I played in a K/Q volleyball tournament, where each guy plays a game of doubles with each girl/against every other guy. This was the third one I played in this summer. They are a lot of fun, and today I had my best finish so far.

I finished first (by one point) in my pool, and was ranked first (by percentage of points per game) going into the playoffs. The first match of the playoffs I got a bye - which was already the farthest I'd ever made it. The first game of the playoff was against a lefty, which was the first of the day and took a little time to adjust to - but...I got that win by a couple points.

The next match was a tie, and we had to go to a little 11 point playoff to see who would go to the final game. My temper got the best of me, when I argued (loudly) against a bad call made by the ref. Before that I was already pissed at my competition because he'd questioned one of my hits. I think he did it on purpose, just to mess with my head. Anyway - I lost the playoff and that knocked me out. ALMOST made it to the finals! :P

No comments: