Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reindeer Romp 5k in Charlotte

This Dec 9th I'll be running in the Reindeer Romp 5k in downtown Charlotte. This is the same day as the The Thunder Road Marathon, but I haven't quite made it up to the 26 mile level yet, although that is my long term goal. The Reindeer Romp benefits the American Lung Association, and I'll be running it with my 9 year old neice (her first race)! Her mom doesn't think she can run the whole 5k without some walk-time, so I might not be setting any PRs but it will be fun!

If you want to run but you don't want to travel to Charlotte, here are some upcoming local races, including one in Apex:


November 5 (Sunday) Raleigh
1st Annual George Williams Nike 5K - 2:00 p.m. - 5,000m

November 12 (Sunday) Raleigh
Old Reliable Run - 10,000 meters, 5,000 meters

November 18 (Saturday) Apex
Turkey Trot 5K – 5,000 Meters – 10:00 a.m.

No comments: