Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The new Longhorn Steakhouse in Apex, NC

Tonight I made it out to the new Longhorn Streakhouse restaurant at Beaver Creek Commons in Apex, NC. There was a decent crowd, the place had a nice atmosphere, the bar was nice and had a couple of mid-size HDTVs. The Carolina Hurricanes game was on so I sat at the bar.

The only had 4 or 5 beers on tap and they were a bit boring: bud, bud light, miller light, blue moon, and sam adams.

I ordered the T-bone and a Caesar salad. I got the SMALL T-bone but it was no slouch in size. The salad was great, and the steak would have been great if it hadn't been seriously OVER seasoned. I enjoy a little bit of seasoning but I still like to taste the flavor of the beef itself (which is why I always go with a medium rare - red in the middle - temperature). Unfortunately that beef flavor was lost in too many spices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went there last night. I ordered my steak medium rare. The first steak I received was cooked well done, and the second one I received would have required additional cooking just to reach the 'rare' level. It was basically raw, and it was way too salty.
I wasn't charged for the steak, which is somewhat of a relief, but I doubt I'll be going back there anytime soon.