Monday, March 19, 2007

Work on the ATT

Bill Bussey of the Triangle Rails-to-Trails Conservancy set me up with some volunteer work on the ATT this past Saturday morning. I learned a few interesting things about the trail, and I felt good giving back (even though it was just a little) to the trail that I have enjoyed so much over the past year and a half or so.

A group of about 6 of us started our work just north of New Hope Church Rd, at the Panther Creek trestle (this was my first time at that location). Later we were joined by a few others. Basically all I did was carry some logs and limbs off the trail into the woods, and pick up whatever trash I saw. Shortly before noon, as I was returning across the drainage ditch after having moved some logs, I felt something funny about my shoe. I looked down and the sole of my shoe was going one way and the rest of my shoe another! The sole fell completely off. That was a first, and made for a long wet-footed walk out of the woods to my truck!

If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the trail, you can read more and sign up for the email list here.

No comments: